Friday, April 2, 2010

Fresh Idea Friday!

I've got a quick Fresh Idea for you today.
But First I'm sure you are all anxious to see who is the winner of the Life's Little Moments set, from yesterday's Hip Hop. And the winner is.................................................................................
Congrats.........................................................................................................
Lisa said...
Fantastic card ~ great use of mixing & matching your dp. Love your stamps! Great job :-)
April 1, 2010 11:41 AM
This Comment was from Maria's Blog.
Please email Jimmi, jimmipm@msn.com, with your address and prize!
Thanks to everyone who played along and left some love on all our blogs! We truly aprreciate your kind words.
I was ambitious earlier last week and you'll never guess what I did? It was a stretch for me, but I'm so glad I did it. Are you ready to see it???? It looks like a yummy dish of some sort of noodles, doesn't it? Nope, it's a crafty project. I tea-dyed my own twill. I thought is was a very ambitious project for myself, but in reality it was super easy. I used some good 'ol Lipton tea bags, about 5, and filled up a bowl with boiling water. Dunked my twill, kept tossing it around in the bowl until it was soaked and then let it sit in the tea for almost 40 minutes. Pulled it out, gave it a squeeze to loose the excess water, then let it dry on some paper towel!

Here's a card I made with it.


LOVE that music score from Music of My Heart....it's perfect for all occasions. Finished it off with a simple birthday sentiment from Just Wanted to Say! Papers and flower are from Green at Heart by Basic Grey and punched border is Apron Lace by Fiskars! I added a bit more distressing by crumpling up the sheet music and sponging on some Tim Holtz tea dye ink-LOVin' that stuff! I challenge you....try something a bit more ambitious this weekend. The results are sure to be fun! Thanks for stopping by today! Hugs, Lisa

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute and love the idea of tea dying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your card Lisa.. thks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm hungry for noodles ;)
    This is a great idea Lisa, especially since I rarely use white anymore. I might have to try this with a few different ribbon's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love your tea dying! Your card is absolutely fabulous!! Thanks for sharing...I need to make some soon!

    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, WOW....Lisa, this is so very cool...love the tea dying idea, too!!!! I have to make this soon, too...and what a gorgeous card, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Lisa for being the winner from the mystery blog comment!! WTG!!

    I totally thought your bowl was full of noodles at first, but I think I like the ribbons better!! LOL!! Your twill tape came out wonderfully!! I love your card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! It was easier than you thought right! Isn't that funny how in our heads it seems near impossible and then we sit down and do it like it is nothing! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been meaning to tea die myself. Good for you for actually doing it! LOL great color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea!! Love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa this is AWESOME! I definitely want to give this a try!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete