Saturday, June 12, 2010

Flatterday Saturday

Hey everyone!! Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
I am bringing you a Flatterday interview with one of the behind the scenes {ippity} peeps. Jake is the Technical Manager for Unity and {ippity}, he runs all those high tech machines to make sure our rubber is ready to go when it reaches our hands!
Here's a cute photo of Jake and Angela :)

·Tell us a little about yourself. {Family, location, background, job, kids, etc.}

Hello Everyone, My name is Jake! How are you? oh thats good. . . So I'm from a small town in the middle of Minnesota called Spicer. I was born and raised here and all that good stuff, It gets boring here from time to time, but there is fun to find for the most part. I work at Unity Stamp Co. I love my job and the amazing people that I get to work with everyday, I couldn't ask to be in a better place. Also recently graduated from college for graphic design, I have always loved art for as long as i can remember, and just glad that i stuck with it.

·How did you first get involved in stamping?

Well it all started when Eric (the dude who cooks the rubber) and I were looking at the stamps one day and decided to make some cards for the fun of it. . . quite humorous

·What is your stamping style?

Not sure i have one, I haven't really stamped too much, but I'll let you know when I do get one

·Tell us about your creative process

I usually walk around and notice things that go unnoticed by people

·What is your favorite {ippity} stamp set and why?

Simply home, Because thats a sweet cow.

·How often do you stamp?

Oh about once in a blue moon

·How long does it take you to make a project you are happy with?

not quite sure, hour maybe?

·What does your craft room look like? {messy, clean, etc.}

If I were to have one, It would be an explosion of catastrophe.

·What is your biggest paper crafting challenge?

Hmmmm... I had to make a 3D Scene for one of my college art projects, that thing was huge

·What is your title at Unity/{ippity}?

Technical Manager

Here is a photo of Jake and Chris....looks like he is a good "steak manager" too :)

·How are you involved in the making of {ippity} stamps?

I program and run the machines that cut out the stamps, and that engrave on the wood on our handles, I also help with the placement of the images before we send the file to be made into a plate.

·How long have you worked there?

Since January of '09

·Are you a crafter? Do you use Unity/{ippity} stamps outside of work?

No, I'm not too crafty outside of work, I do like to draw and paint tho

·Can you tell us a funny story about your boss? {Sorry Angela!}

Watch the secret agent man video about Broman... words cannot describe how hard I was laughing when we were doing that.

·What song best describes you?

Old man - By Neil Young

·If you were stranded on a desert island what are the three things you would bring?

A friend, some sunscreen because i'd look like a lobster, and a magic lamp. . . I mean you gotta be a bit tricky with a question like that, 3 things, with 3 wishes... I could deal with that

·What is your favorite quote?

Buy the ticket, Take the ride. - Hunter S. Thompson

·What would I find in your refrigerator right now?

A bunch of half empty condiment bottles, leftovers, and beer.

·If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?

No superpowers. I'd rather have cool gadgets like Ironman or Batman

·What would your dream vacation be?

New Zealand or Australia

·If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?

"A book about that guy" with an arrow pointing to my face for the cover photohehe....I couldn't resist altering this photo:) But seriously this would work for the book cover right.....?!?!?

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
-Lou Holtz-

Maria Gurnsey

2 comments:

  1. What a great interview. It was really nice getting to know a little bit about Jake. How lucky to be able to work with all the amazing people at Unity/Ippity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun:) I love getting to know everyone! Lucky guy to work at Unity/Ippity!!!

    ps..I love the book cover--cute pic;)

    ReplyDelete