Saturday, July 24, 2010

It's Flatter-day!!!!

Hello Ippity Peeps!!!  I'm super excited to be flattering this Ippity wonderful girl today!!!


Does this face look familiar??? heehee.  It should because Cathy Meyers (aka StampinCathy/ Stampin Fanatic) is the most amazing, supportive and just down right sweetest girl!!!
She has to be Ippity and Unity's #1 fan.  She is always providing encouraging and delightful comments on the blogs and in the SCS forum.  I can't tell you how excited I am that she agreed to answer a few questions for us.  I just LOVE this girl!


Tell us a little about yourself.  {Family, location, background, job, kids, etc.}
•    Hello, I’m Cathy and I love Ippity and Unity.  I’ve been married to my Jr. High Sweetheart for 34 years and we have 2 beautiful daughters.  We are from Missouri and moved back to Tennessee 3 years ago.

I just love how bright and cheery this card is, just like Cathy!!!

How did you first get involved in stamping?
•    Every since I can remember I’ve always loved all kinds of crafts.  Our family went on vacation to see relatives in Nashville and our niece was stamping and of course I wanted to try it!  I’ve been hooked every since.

What is your stamping style?
•    I don’t have one style.  I love to stamp all styles.

Tell us about your creative process
•    I start with an idea, change in the middle and repeat.  Then it all falls into place.

 This is one of my favorite Ippity stamps set and I just love how Cathy used it!!!

What is your favorite {ippity} stamp set and why?
•    I love all the sets, but it seems that I keep reaching for Music of the Heart.

How often do you stamp?
•    I try to play every day.  If I can’t I think about what I want to create.

How long does it take you to make a project you are happy with?
•    Sometimes it can be 20 minutes or up to days.

What does your craft room look like? {messy, clean, etc.}
•    My DH calls me a Mad Scientist.  So I would say that my room is cross between a tornado and a hurricane.

 Another "fintastic" card... I love the stamped fish background.

What is your biggest paper crafting challenge?
•    I would have to say scrapbooking.

What song best describes you?
•    You Got a Friend

If you were stranded on a desert island what are the three things you would bring?
•    Family, some crafting goodies, laptop (hopefully there’s WIFI)

What is your favorite quote?
•    I love inspirational quotes.  One of my favorites is…‎"We are often so caught up in our destination. That we forget to appreciate the journey, especially the goodness of the people we meet along the way. Appreciation is a wonderful feeling, don't overlook it.
- AUTHOR UNKNOWN

What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
•    Well of course leftovers and salad goodies.


Such beautiful cards by this girl!!!  Thank you Cathy for your support of all things Ippity.  You make everyone smile on a daily basis and I'm so happy we got the chance to learn more about you!!!!


Lisa Arana

16 comments:

  1. yay it's so nice to get to know the sweet person behind all those wonderful comments. Thank You Cathy for all your encouraging words they mean so much to us!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful flatter pick! Thanks, Cathy, for all your unity spirit and support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for all your kind words. I'm grinnin ear to ear. I'm so glad to have met such wonderful and creative friends through Ippity and Unity. I just hope one day I will be able to meet some of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW---it is sooooooooo nice to get to know STAMPINCATHY!! LOOOOVE her and love her creations:) She is amazing and a great friend:) Thanks for sharing, Cathy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited that Cathy is being flattered today! She is by far, one of the nicest, sweetest people in blog land. She is such a talented stamper and leaves the most fabulous comments on everyone's blogs.

    I would love to meet Cathy in person someday and hope that she creates a personal blog someday so that we all can pay her back for all of the fab comments she leaves on our blogs!

    LOVE YOU, Miss Cathy!

    {{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a huge Cathy fan myself! She was one of my very first commenters on my blog and I always appreciated and remembered that! yay Cathy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo Cathy! YOU ARE THE SWEETEST PERSON ON EARTH! *smile* Thank you for all the FABulous comments! You give us all such wonderful praise on your posts...YOU ARE AWESOME! And, yea, some adorable creations here Cathy!!! So glad to get to know you better by being the "Flatter-day" gal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an absolute PERFECT choice for Flatter-day! Cathy is absolutely the best!!! And all these cards are absolutely darling!!! We love you Cathy! smiles....

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY Cathy!
    I'm so happy to get to know you better!
    you rock, chick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Cathy! Great interview and beautiful cards! I think the fishy one is my favorite-I love that little envelopoe on the front and the stamped fish background. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh....how sweet to Flatter Cathy!!!! I came to post a comment how thankful I am for Cathy and her kindness in visiting my blog and leaving the sweetest comments all the time and look at those gorgeous cards...BUT you guys did that already and I am so happy to see all these beautiful comments about her, it's a true testimony to what a wonderful person she is...and how many people she touched the way she touched me! Cathy, I would love to meet you some day, too and THANK YOU!!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is great Cathy.. You are one wonderful person, and I am so glad I got to know you better from this interview!! Everytime you comment on my blog I want to hug you.. you are in my everyday thoughts girl. Hugs Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Cards Cathy!! It was great to get to you know a bit better!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so great to get to know Cathy a little better - I see her name on comments to many of the same Unity blogs I visit and have often thought she was such a sweet individual. And here we are both from the midwest, too! Fabulous cards, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete