Friday, September 24, 2010

Fresh Idea Friday

Happy Friday everyone!!!  
I hope it is the beginning of a beautiful weekend.

September is a busy month for birthdays in my world.  I barely kept up with all the cards and if I had any stashed, they are all gone!  Time to start building up for next month.


I saw some handmade candles somewhere a little while ago.  I wish I could credit the place I saw them.  Thank you whomever you are for the sweet inspiration.  I really think they are too cute.

And super easy.  Just cut a strip of paper the length you would like your candle.  Start wrapping it around something pretty skinny (I used my paper piercer).  It doesn't take much paper and then use some liquid glue to hold it closed.  Add another drop of glue to the inside and stick your "wick" in (I used some burlap string).

A combination of the Fall for You, Quotes a'la Happy and House a Home {ippity} stamps sets created the Happy Birthday saying and heart.

Thanks for stopping by today! 

Need some Ippity???



Locate an Ippity Chick!

Lisa Arana

6 comments:

  1. This is one beautiful birthday card and I just love the candle idea. I will for sure being using this idea. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first, your card is so charming, then, the candle idea is just SO cute, lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have never seen this done before Lisa, it is such a SWEET embellishment...LOVE IT!! thx for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, this is just adorable...love it! Those candles are such a fun embellishment to add to cards or layouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Card!! The candles are cute!! I will be trying this idea out for sure!! TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really creative design, Lisa...LoVe it!!!

    ReplyDelete