Saturday, October 23, 2010

Flatter-day Saturday..Christy Schackart

Flatterday Saturday
Hi everyone.. Happy Saturday!
It's Angie.. here today featuring the ultra talented Ippity Chick

Christy Schackart I am so excited for you all to get to know Christy a little better. but before we get on with the interview check out these outstanding cards.







Tell us a little about yourself.


I’m an Australian and have been living in the US for nearly 6 years in southern New Hampshire with my husband, two children and a cat. I was a school teacher in Australia before having my two children and since moving to the US I have been a stay-at-home mum.

How did you first get involved in stamping?
I started stamping nearly thirty years ago when I was given a huge box of rubber stamps from a family friend. I stamped and embossed all my wedding invitations 18 years ago over the hotplate in the kitchen...I’m not sure the embossing gun had been invented yet and even if it had, it certainly hadn’t arrived in Australia. I’ve been pretty much stamping on and off ever since!


What is your stamping style?
When I make cards I really try and make them for the people that are going to receive them and so my cards vary from one style to another...I love making monochromatic cards or cards that require lots of colouring or airbrushing.

Tell us about your creative process

It varies depending on what mood I’m in...some days the ideas and execution come very quickly...other times I can work on a card over several days. It can start with a colour or an image...I get all the pieces ready for assembly and I will walk away from it until the next day and complete the card with a fresh look. Lately, I’ve been enjoying challenges which take me outside my comfort zone...the results are always surprising.

What is your favorite {ippity} stamp set and why?
I think every time a new collection is released my favourite changes. When I first started with Ippity my favourites were Fishy Philosophy and Devoted...if I HAD to pick one today it would have to be Now & Always.

How often do you stamp?
I like to stamp every day but on average it would probably be about 4 or 5 times a week.


How long does it take you to make a project you are happy with?
On average about 30 - 45 minutes...sometimes a couple of days!

What does your craft room look like?
At this very moment messy...however, I try to tidy it on a regular basis...I create better in a tidy space!


What is your biggest paper crafting challenge?
Finding people to send all my cards to! :)


{ippity} Chicks


What is the name of your Ippity Sales Blog?

Ippity at Lone Pine Designs


What made you decide to start selling Ippity?
I loved using Unity stamps and loved the idea of selling Ippity stamps with no strings attached....of course I love Ippity stamps too!


Tell us about your experience selling Ippity?
It’s been so much fun sending Ippity stamps all over the world.



What song best describes you?
Wow, this is a tough one...I'm not sure I've found a song that best describes me yet.
If you were stranded on a desert island what are the three things you would bring?
Can I bring my craft room? If I had my family, my craft room and ice-cream I’d be happy!

What is your favorite quote?
It is what it is!


What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
Pesto, Laughing Cow Cheese, and bottled water...along with all the other normal stuff.

If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
So many possibilities...it’s hard to choose one over another...can I be Wonder Woman?


If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
Crafting my way through life...one card at a time!


What would your dream vacation be?
I think a cruise is the perfect vacation as long as it stops at Australia!
And one last beautiful card.

Thank you so much Christy for allowing us to get to know you better. I love all your amazing creations and look forward like many others to see more.
You can check out Christy's SCS gallery HERE.


Have a wonderful Saturday!

Angie Blom




Locate an Ippity Chick!

6 comments:

  1. So nice to read more about you, Christy! And I love all the cards shown here! The sun you made behind the birds, is sooo pretty! And love the Snowbody card and also the last card shown. Very nice!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful cards :0)
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your cards are fabulous and so inspiring. It was really nice to get to know a bit about you Christy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards!
    i love the card with the farm animals.
    so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Cards!! Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you do beautiful cards, christy! thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete