Friday, November 19, 2010

Fresh Idea Friday

Hi there!  It's Karen, and I've got a little something FRESH to share with you today!!  Awhile back I found these Viva Decor Pearl Pens during a visit to a local stamp convention!  I had seen these nifty little dome pearls on cards by other designers, and I was immediately intrigued.

If  you are looking for that dome shaped look..you've got to try Viva pens.  I've used similar type products and found that they peak and will stay a little pointy on the top of the pearl.  Not really the look I was trying to achieve, but with these pens...they may start out that way with a peak, but shortly dry into a dome shape! Hard to believe..I was a skeptic, but no longer!! Love them!!

Here's a card, using the NEW ippity "Cherish Your Dreams" and "How YOU doin?" sets, that I made!  The card has a bit of gold sparkly on the Mariposa DCWV papers, so I thought this color would be perfect! Basically, I followed the swirl and just added the domed pearls! Adds a little texture and a bit more flair to the card..I think!


Another thing I love about them is they dry quickly, and you can place the pearls onto plastic and later peel them off, then glue onto your project as well! Oh..I also love the fact that once the dome of the white pearl dries, you can color on top of the pearl with Copic markers! How sweet is that to match your card!!


Another fun way to use the Pearl Pens is to make your own little swirl flourishes on a card! I have yet to try that, but I will be doing that nifty technique sometime soon!

Here are a couple of other cards to share with you, just so you can see how I used the Viva Pearl Pens on the outer border of this card...


Then, on this Gratitude Journal Book, I covered the perimeter of the label with a Gold Pearl Pen too!!


Possibilities are endless!  Hope you give this Fresh Idea a try!!  Not to enable you, or anything like that, but I also found that the Viva Gloss Gel Pens are fun too!!  I did not pick up any of the Gloss Gel pens, as I ran short on funds..but next time I will be picking those pens up!!

Have a great weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,


Locate an Ippity Chick!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Karen! These cards are STUNNING! Just sayin'. AND had to google those pens. Looks pretty cool. I found some at 7 Kids, where did you get yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo, looks like another new toy, I need to get. great cards and tips, Karen. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle! Bought mine at Crop Stop, but 7Kids is a little cheaper! I've ordered from 7Kids couple times and they have fast service. Didn't know they carried them too..so, glad you share that tidbit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Karen....first, your creations are absolutely beautiful...WOW! What a great product too...I tried to do something similar with another product once (I won't say the name here) and let them dry forever...but they never dried completely and made a mess on a my project. Thanks for the tip on this product!

    ReplyDelete