Saturday, December 11, 2010

Flatterday Saturday with Susan Bouchard!!!!

Happy Saturday it's Stephanie here and I am so excited to have the honor of flattering

Susan Bouchard!!!!


So how about we start getting to know Susan a little more!!!

It's always fun to get to know a little more about our fabulous Ippity Chicks!!!!


I live in Massachusetts and both my children and even my husband were
born here. However, being the oldest of 4 children, my parents moved a
lot when we were little and consequently all my siblings and I were born in
a different state. I was born in California, my sister was born in Maryland,
one brother was born in Ohio and my other brother was born in Colorado!
So you can say I’ve been all over the U.S. When I was 16 my family
moved to Massachusetts and I have lived here ever since. I just love living
here in this part of the country.


How did you first get involved with stamping?


I started stamping mainly to add sentiments to cards. At first I didn’t reallyenjoy it because I had such a hard time getting a clear image. But as Ibegan stamping more and learning about stamping techniques and thedifferent types of ink I began to enjoy it more. But it was rough going atfirst!

What is your stamping style?


One word - simple. Some of my favorite stampers are Debbie Olson, BetsyVeldman and Melissa Phillips. I have been following their work for yearsand they always amaze me with their creativity.

Tell us about your creative process?

.
Before I start a project, I have to have an idea about what I want to do.If you told me to sit down and make a card, I’d just sit there and look atthe paper! However, if I start with an idea then my project evolves as Iwork on it. Sometimes, the best time to think is when I am ready to go tosleep. I think about card designs and the next thing you know, I’m asleep!Obviously, card making is very relaxing for me!


What is your favorite Ippity Kit and why?


I like so many of the sets, but my favorite now is the birthday set, Party Hat
Wishes. I think the eye chart stamp is brilliant and I love the banner and hat
as well as the number scallop stamp. I also love all the little background
stamps like A Bit of Burlap, Book It, Dots for Sure, Thoughts From the Past
and Gurnsey Gingham.

How often do you get to stamp?


I stamp probably two to three times a week. I would stamp more often,
but I don’t have a craft room. I have a large desk that I use in one of my
rooms and all my craft supplies are organized in boxes. So every time I
stamp I have to take out my boxes, take everything out and then clean up
afterwards. Clean up is fairly easy, but while all my supplies are out, the
room is a mess!


How long does it take you to make a project that you are happy with?


I am not a fast card maker. It usually takes me several hours to make a card.


What does your craft room/space look like?


As I said before, I don’t have a craft room, just a desk. Right now it’scovered with papers, stamps, inks, supplies, etc. because I have beenworking on projects and I haven’t cleaned up yet. Before I start a newproject, I organize everything so I have a clean work area.


What is your biggest papercrafting Challenge?


I am not a big fan of paper piecing. I don’t mind cutting out a flower or
snowflake, but cutting out small or intricate images is not enjoyable for me!

{IPPITY} Chicks


What is the name of your Ippity Sales Blog?

Ippity Stamps and Ink

What made you decide to start selling Ippity?


I was surfing the internet and came upon the {ippity} sale thread on SCS.I was intrigued by the idea of starting a business with few stipulations. Ihad some Unity stamps and I liked them, so I signed up and it’s been agreat experience.


Tell us about your experience selling Ippity


It has been a great learning experience. I have learned so much aboutblogging, starting a business, and attracting and retaining customers. Ihave thoroughly enjoyed meeting and interacting with customers from all
over the world.


Just For Fun Questions


If you were stranded on a desert Island what three things would you bring?

Every time I see this question, I immediately think of the movie Cast Away with Tom Hanks. Poor Tom, stranded on an island for who knows howmany years and his only company was a volley ball! Then he finally returnshome only to realize that his life would never be the same. So to avoid thesame plight as Tom, I would take my family with me. Next I would takesome form of communication and entertainment, such as an iPad withinternet access anywhere. Lastly, I would take an ice chest full of food andcold drinks that would hold us over until we could be rescued. So my threethings are family, iPad, and food.

What is your favorite quote?


“The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man.Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why itis called the present.”- Alice Morse Earle

What would I find in you fridge right now?


Milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt, margarine, tomatoes, lettuce, chicken, grapes,applesauce, juice, and diet soda.

If you could be a superhero what powers would you want to have?


If I was a super hero, I would possess the power of healing, so I could healthose with incurable illnesses and give them a second chance at life.

If someone wrote a biography about you what would the title be?


A Mother Who Loves… And is Loved. As I was typing, I read this questionaloud and my son said “Mom I know what the title would be,” and this iswhat he typed.

What would your dream vacation be?


I would love to tour all over Europe and visit England, Scotland ( St.Andrews), Ireland, France, Italy, Greece, Spain, Germany, Switzerland,and Istanbul.


Now it's time to share some more of Susan's

beautful creations!!!


stamps-Seasons Of Joy


My mouth dropped when I saw this amazing Christmas ornament using Seasons Of Joy once again.




Before I go one last beautiful card by Susan using Cherish Your Dreams to see more gorgeous creations be sure to visit her blog Paper and Joy and her Sales Blog Ippity Stamps and Ink .

This offer is still good until tomorrow!!!!

Susan is offering up a super SALE on her sales blog..... All stamps are discounted 10% to 20% off MSRP.
Receive a complimentary $6.00 stamp set with any order over $ 40.00.






Thank you so much Susan for letting us get to know you a little better!!!



Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!!!









Stephanie Muzzulin








Locate an Ippity Chick!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Susana! It's nice to get to know a bit about you. I just love your stamping style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,

    Love your cards & the ornament you made is stunning!! It was nice to get to know you a bit
    better!!


    Marcy H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello ladies,
    Thanks you so much for your sweet comments! I really enjoyed my week as an Ippity Blossom and your comments were the perfect ending to a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful ornie and cards, susan-just love your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Your ornament and cards are beautiful! Love hearing more about YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete