Saturday, April 23, 2011

Flatterday Saturday

And I am back to share a little about this lovely lady...


Alex Hughes

Make sure you check out her creative blog HERE.

Alex was super sweet to answer a few questions so we could learn a little more about her.  Here are her answers in her own words:

   
o   Tell us a little about yourself.  
Hi, I live on the beautiful Central Coast of New South Wales, Australia and I love it.  I am a stay at home Mum with a wonderful husband and three gorgeous boys.  I have been involved in papercrafting for over 10 years now and I STILL love every minute of it.  Especially stamping, which I have been seriously addicted to for the last 4 years!  I have been lucky enough to have had a huge range of jobs in this industry, including owning my own business.  However, Ippity suits me perfectly as a SAHM…..and I just LOVE the quality and images.
o   How did you first get involved in stamping?
I was introduced to stamping seriously about 4 years ago by a dear friend when I didn’t even think I was interested.  But oh boy, how it changed my life in so many ways.  New fun, new friends and new opportunities. 
o   What is your stamping style?
I’m not too sure I have a certain style.  I like to try anything and everything.  At any given time it will be something different I will be into.  At the moment it is vintage style that has me addicted.
o   Tell us about your creative process
It varies depending on my mojo at the time.  Sometimes it just comes easily and other times I have to find inspiration from somewhere.  The internet comes in handy at those times.
o   What is your favorite {ippity} stamp set and why?
Music of my Heart is my favourite at the moment.  I find it so versatile and easy to use in a variety of ways.  But I do love a whole bunch of them so much.  Including Authentic Man, Now & Always and so many more.
o   How often do you stamp?
I try to stamp and create everyday except weekends, that is my family time and I try to stay away from my obsession then.
o   How long does it take you to make a project you are happy with?
Sometimes it is really fast.  If the idea and picture is in my head then I can create really fast.  But if the mojo is not there then it can take a while, and yes!  I do have a whole bunch of unfinished projects in a box. 
o   What does your craft room look like? {messy, clean, etc.}
Right at this moment?  Clean and tidy.  But most times it is a mess, but as my craft area is in the corner of my rumpus room I try to tidy it every Friday.
o   What is your biggest paper crafting challenge?
To stop spending money on it!
o   What is the name of your Ippity Sales Blog?
o   What made you decide to start selling Ippity?
I have always loved Unity stamps because of their images and quality.  When I saw Ippity stamps at a retail show on a visit to the US last year, I just knew that I wanted to bring them here to offer to Australian papercrafters.  
o   Tell us about your experience selling Ippity
The customers and friends I have shown them to so far have taken a HUGE liking to Ippity stamps and are really excited by having a new stamping company to choose great designs from.   I love bringing them the quality and fun images to our stamp workshops and I love that they have the ability to add these stamps to their own stash.  
o   What song best describes you?
I’m Every Woman by Chaka Khan…lol
o   If you were stranded on a desert island what are the three things you would bring?
My family, music and a full scrapbooking tote.  (Is that cheating?)
o   What is your favorite quote?
Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life ~ Picasso
and
Dream it, Decide it, Do it – that is my own motto
o   What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
Fruit & Veg, Lemon Butter (just discovered homemade stuff, love it), milk (gotta have that with kids around) …..so really just the usual suspects.  Nothing exciting at the moment……like chocolate.  So badly trying to be good!
o   What would your dream vacation be?
Paris……….sigh!  Would love to visit Paris.
Thank you Alex for sharing sharing such beautiful projects!  We loved getting to know you as well!
Lisa Arana
Locate an Ippity Chick!

6 comments:

  1. So nice to meet you Alex! Very pretty cards and frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get to know you better Alex.. and I just love your cards.. very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards Alex, beautiful vintage style :) and it's great to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself. LOVE the samples here.

    ReplyDelete